Lisa Davey, BTB co-chair
Executive Director, OutCare Foundation
Denis Schryburt, BTB co-chair
Board Member, Eldercare Foundation of Ottawa
About the charities
OutCare Foundation supports community-based palliative care in Eastern Ontario
- Over $1.75 million invested in the palliative care community to create new programs, support families, and provide training to professionals and volunteers.
- Connected 13 palliative care sites for telemedicine thanks for $395,000 worth of contributions.
- Provided equipment to 12 community-based palliative care organizations thanks to $290,000 in donations.
- Offered 172 volunteers and students bursaries, a $36,000 investment.
- Delivered 39 Advance Care Planning presentations to 3,000 people.
Eldercare Foundation of Ottawa supports non-profit long-term care homes in Ottawa
- $180,000 provided to non-profit long-term care homes in the past 5 years to improve the quality of life of their residents, which includes funding for state-of-the-art equipment, social and recreational programs, and support for family members and caregivers in home.
- Built our endowment to $425,000, which will provide funding for many generations of seniors in the future.
- Delivered 37 Comforts of Home social events in 12 non-profit long-term care homes, benefiting over 1,700 residents.